- Powerful cleansing properties, especially for the mouth and throat
- Soothing to the skin; promotes a smooth, youthful-looking complexion
- Promotes emotional balance and well-being
Application: A T I N
Extraction Method: Steam distillation
Aromatic Description: Hot, smoky, herbaceous, woody, dry
Main Chemical Components:Myrrh sesquiterpenoid, curzerene
Plant Part: Resin
Ancient records show that Myrrh was deemed so valuable that at times it was valued at its weight in gold. Myrrh essential oil is derived from the gummy resin of the small, thorny Myrrh tree and has been used for centuries for its internal and external health benefits. Myrrh has been used throughout history as a perfume, incense, and health aid. It was also employed in embalming and religious ceremonies. Myrrh has powerful cleansing properties, especially for the mouth and throat. It is also soothing to the skin—promoting a smooth, youthful-looking complexion—and promotes emotional balance and well-being.
- Add 1–2 drops of doTERRA Myrrh essential oil to toothpaste for added cleansing benefits and to promote oral health.
- Diffuse to help promote awareness and uplift your mood.
- Add to your lotion/moisturizer to help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Add one to two drops to one-fourth cup of water with a little agave or honey to help ease the stomach.*
- Put one drop in two ounces of water and gargle for an effective mouth rinse.
- Add one drop to your daily moisturizer to help promote youthful-looking skin.
- Diffuse when tension levels are high.
- Diffuse during the holidays to maintain peaceful feelings throughout your home.