Vetiver, a member of the grass family, is grown and harvested for a variety of uses in the perfume and aromatherapy industry. The rich, earthy, and exotic aroma that is so distinct to Vetiver is known for its calming and grounding effect on the emotions. Because Vetiver is distinct among grasses in the fact that its roots grow deep into the earth, it is also grown for uses in farming and land management because it makes for a wonderful and natural option for stabilizing soil and preventing erosion.
If you’re looking to create a calming and relaxing environment in your home, diffusing doTERRA Vetiver essential oil is an ideal way to do so. Combine Vetiver with other essential oils, such as Lavender, for a soothing and grounding aroma that will smell wonderful and bring relief to your body and mind.
The exotic fragrance of the root of the Vetiver grass has been recognized and utilized for years as a key ingredient in many perfumes. This rich, powerful aroma is also wonderful for adding scent to fabrics and other materials and is often woven into baskets, mats, and window coverings.
When taken internally, doTERRA Vetiver essential oil can help support a healthy immune system. You can do this by simply adding 1-2 drops of doTERRA Vetiver to your tea or other hot drinks. For a deeply soothing and exotic bath experience, add a few drops of Vetiver to the warm water and let the sweet, woody, and slightly smoky aroma of Vetiver soothe the worries and tension of your body and mind.
You can also create a relaxing rub for your skin by mixing a few drops with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil and massaging it into a tired or tense area. Many massage therapists use Vetiver in their practice due to its natural ability to promote circulation and ground the body.
Vetiver is also a wonderful essential oil for promoting a restful night's sleep. You can also rub it on the back of your child’s neck after a difficult day at school to promote feelings of calm and relief.
When using Vetiver, keep in mind that it is a thick oil and is often difficult to get out of the bottle. This is actually helpful, though, because a little bit of Vetiver goes a long way. However, if you are experiencing extra difficulty, you can use a toothpick to get the desired amount from the bottle.
- Use as a massage oil to promote circulation and calm emotions.
- Take a warm bath with a few drops of Vetiver essential oil for deep relaxation.
- Diffuse with Lavender, Calming Blend, or Grounding Blend to calm emotions and lessen stress.
- Use a toothpick to help get the desired amount out of container if Vetiver is too thick to get out of the bottle. A little goes a long way.
- Add 1–2 drops to tea or hot drinks during winter time to promote immune-supporting properties*.
- After a day of standing, apply to feet as part of a soothing massage.
- After a difficult school day, apply to your child’s neck and feet to promote feelings of calm.
- Is rich in sesquiterpenes, which gives it a grounding effect.
- Calming, grounding effect on emotions.
- Before traveling for business or relaxation, take one to two drops of Vetiver with Lemon in a capsule for immune-supporting properties.*
- After a hard day’s work, apply as part of a soothing aromatic massage.
- Use as an earthy base note in your favorite DIY diffuser blends.
- Used in many popular perfumes.